1. Project #29 (Hope House Shelter) 422 S. 16 Street ~ Installation of Heating & Cooling System. (Seventh Shelter/Community Center Project)
2. Project #30 3rd Chili Challenge ~ First Place-Ruth Hanke, Second Place-Tom Jewers and Third Place-Dana Hart. Winner of Quilt Donna Dittmer of Independence. (Fifth Fundraiser)
Love Independence Day April 28th CMIH was deeply involved in “Love Independence Day” activities, we prepped three homes in Independence to get them ready for painting. The three homes which were prepped were on North Penn, this was all possible for CMIH with the help and direction of Independence Housing Authority Director, April Nutt. Tim & Cindy White, as a highlight on Saturday April 28th, 2018, organized The American Legion Riders to visit Independence during the day. There were about 25+ Legion Riders with large American flags, riding through the downtown area around 10:00-11:30 a.m. and made several rounds by the “Love Independence Day” sites. We were honored to have The Legion Riders participate in our “Love Independence Day”. Also, a special thanks to SHERWIN WILLIAMS for donating 25 gallons of paint and to WOODS LUMBER for the use of their hydraulic lift for use in painting high places.
3. Project #31 Love Independence Day 1212 N. Penn painted by the employees of TEXTRON AVIATION, paint donated by SHERWIN WILLIAMS and the INDEPENDENCE HOUSING AUTHORITY Director, April Nutt. (Nineteenth Private Home Project)
4. Project #32 Love Independence Day 900 N. Penn was painted on Friday through Saturday, April 27th-April 28th, 2018 by ATMOS ENERGY employees and WESTAR ENERGY‘s bucket truck was used for reaching high places. An oven (donated by First Presbyterian Church of Independence) and a nearby lot for gardening (donated by an Atmos Energy employee) was also presented to the home owner. (Twentieth Private Home Project)
5. Project #33 Love Independence Day 1007 N. Penn was painted by volunteers of the Independence Community. (Twenty-First Private Home Project)
6. Project #34 410 N. Park – Emergency ramp installed (Twenty-Second Private Home Project)
7. Project #35 CMIH Work Van (Sixth Fund Raiser Project)